Good morning skiers and riders,
If you haven’t heard yet, we’re skiing tomorrow and this Killington Snow Report is more of a Stoke Report. Put down the coffee, put down the tea and listen, because we’re dead serious. The Killington Snow Report means skiing and riding tomorrow at 10AM on Rime and Reason ( I hope you haven’t been sitting on your ass these past few weeks) where we’ll be hiking the stairway to heaven to get in some turns. From my previous assessment last week and based on Killington’s official snow report we’re still skiing on the early season trails. Further assessment, as I drove into work today suggests that if temps cooperate we’ll be skiing down and only hiking up by weeks end.
Yep, if you watched that video you can guess that it might be snowing and if you’re wondering, that’s my typical ski bum reaction when it snows (I know I’m not the only one). I’d try and get you guys a photo of this awesome onslaught of white but it’s pretty socked in up there so you won’t see much. Killington states,
On Sunday morning we plan to have two open trails, Rime and Reason, served by the North Ridge Triple. The K-1 Express Gondola will provide uploading and downloading and you will need to use the Peak Walkway to and from the open North Ridge Area.
The K-1 Express Gondola will upload from 10:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m. and downloading will be available until 4:00 p.m. The North Ridge Triple will allow uploading until 3:45 p.m.
Also, aggressive snowmaking and fult tilt was used as choice wording. But look at this weather pattern, dry dry dry then (sigh) warm. Play nice mother nature, seriously this hot cold shenanigans is starting to get old. This time last year I feel like we were already skiing on Superstar but then again Mother Nature is an bipolar lady.
What else can I mention,
- OH! Our new webstore is live and online so you should probably go take a look.
- We’ve been working our asses off all summer getting this site up and we’re still working out the kinks so bear with us but it’s way better than the previous site and we’re pretty darn proud of it.
- I was telling Jonathon the other day I wish I had been able to record how many hours I’d spent working on the site because it would be in the thousands.
- But check it out [CLICK HERE] and let us know what you think.
Also we made this cool time lapse video of our K2 Ski Clinic this past week. It just goes to show that we put in the hours to learn the latest tech so that we can be the most informed and prolifent ski shop on the mountain.
We’re Ready To Shred, Are you?
- We can be reached 7 days a week at 802-422-3234