From its hybrid construction to its advanced ventilation, the Giro Zone MIPS Helmet is the ultimate freestyle focused helmet that’s ready to accompany your progression. The Zone MIPS features innovative Hybrid Construction, which combines the ding-resistant durability of a Hard Shell upper with the lighter weight of In-Mold Construction lower and sidewalls. The Zone MIPS is packed with amenities including the In Form 2 Fit System; a quick-fit Vertical Tuning adjustment system for proper helmet positioning; MIPS technology; fully adjustable venting; Fidlock magnetic buckle closure; and a sleek, integrated POV camera mount.
Giro Zone MIPS Helmet Features:
- Ventilation: thermostat control adjustable venting allows you to custom-tune airflow instantly with a simple, low-profile control button on the outside of the helmet
- Stack vent technology
- Certification: ce en1077
- Construction: low-profile design
- Fit system: in form 2 fit system
- MIPS: Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS®) is a step forward in helmet design. There are three main components to a MIPS-equipped helmet: the interior foam liner, the Low Friction Liner and an elastomeric attachment system between them. In an angled impact, the elastomeric attachment system stretches to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around your head. The goal of this technology is to further reduce rotational forces.
- Thermostat Control: Thermostat Control Adjustable Venting allows you to custom-tune airflow instantly with a simple, low profile control button on the outside of the helmet. No other system is faster or easier to adjust, and nothing is more effective at keeping you comfortable.
- Hybrid Construction: Hybrid Construction merges a durable ventilated Hard Shell upper with an In-Mold Construction lower shell plus sidewalls for added protection and style. With Hybrid Construction the helmet is beefed up for added durability while remaining lightweight. Hybrid Construction also features an impact-absorbing and lightweight EPS foam liner.
- In-Form 2 Fit System: The In Form 2 Fit System is lighter and lower-profile than the original, and easier to dial in a custom fit in seconds even with gloves on. An improved dial design provides up to 6cm of adjustment plus enhanced stability.
- Stack Vent Technology: Our Stack Vent was developed based on research showing the majority of warm air that can cause fogging comes from the goggle’s center top vent. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the center vent of the goggle helps keep it clear and fog-free.
- Fidlock Magnetic Buckle Closure: The pinch-free one-handed Fidlock® magnetic snap helmet buckle combines the advantages of two fastening concepts in a completely new way: Strong magnets make it easy to open and close, while a secure snap functionality ensures a continuous locking force.