Built for high-output comfort and motion, the lightweight, backcountry-ready Patagonia Snowdrifter Jacket combines the uphill performance of a stretch fabric with serious storm protection to keep you dry and comfortable wherever you go in your powder pursuit. The H2No® Performance Standard shell fabric is made of a limber 3-layer, 70% recycled stretch polyester ripstop that allows the full range of motion and blocks wind, moisture and hard use. We treat the fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to prevent saturation and increase abrasion resistance. A moisture-managing liner of soft polyester knit increases comfort and provides a smooth glide when layering. The helmet-compatible, two-way-adjustable hood has a soft, laminated visor to preserve visibility and a cord-lock system that embeds cord locks in the hood and hem to eliminate loose ends and provide easy adjustability. Pit zips allow a cooling airflow for steamy days; a fully adjustable, low-profile powder skirt (includes a webbing loop that attaches to any Patagonia® Snow pants) and adjustable, low-profile cuffs seal out cold air and snow on blower days. Pockets include two handwarmers; one chest with a secure media pocket and cable routing; one pass pocket on the left bicep; one internal drop-in for goggles and gloves. Includes an embedded RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Patagonia Snowdrifter Jacket Features:
- Light and stretchy 3-layer shell fabric and a minimalist design allow for full range of movement, with added protection, breathability and a moisture-managing knit backer
- Weatherproof: 3-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof and breathable by virtue of an advanced combination of elements: a water-repellent shell fabric and a waterproof/breathable membrane bonded with an ultralight knit backer. The entire fabric package is highly packable and designed for prolonged use in extreme weather.
- Water Resistant: DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
- 3-layer H2No™ Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
- All products bearing the H2No® mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our 24 Killer Wash.
- Helmet-compatible, two-way-adjustable fixed hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; embedded cord-lock system in hood and hem provides quick and easy adjustment
- Zippered pockets: two handwarmers, one chest with secure media pocket with cable routing and internal access, one-arm pocket for pass, one interior drop-in
- Pit zips quickly release heat; adjustable, low-profile cuffs secure over or under gloves
- Adjustable powder skirt can be cinched for a tight seal or lies flat when not in use; webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 587 g (20.7 oz)
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 3-layer, 5-oz 75-denier 100% polyester (70% recycled) solid stretch ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and a soft polyester knit backer.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
The construction of 2-Layer GORE-TEX Products is unique. A GORE-TEX membrane is bonded to an outer material, then combined with a free-flowing lining. The benefit: a soft, lightweight garment that keeps you dry and lets you move freely.
The GORE-TEX membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body’s perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated, enabling the breathable barrier to do its job. Patagonia has long relied on a DWR with perfluorinated compound (PFC) but we have been searching diligently for an alternative because of its harmful environmental impacts.