Built for high-output comfort and motion, our lightweight, backcountry-ready SnowDrifter Bibs combine the uphill performance of a stretch fabric with serious storm protection to keep you dry and comfortable wherever you go in your powder pursuit. The H2No® Performance Standard shell fabric is made of a limber 3-layer, 70% recycled stretch polyester ripstop that allows the full range of motion and blocks wind, moisture and hard use. We treat the fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to prevent saturation and increase abrasion resistance. A moisture-managing liner of soft polyester knit increases comfort and provides a smooth glide when layering. Patagonia makes the upper part of the Patagonia Snowdrifter Bibs with a lightweight double weave fabric (63% recycled) with four-way stretch that breathes easily, moves moisture and pairs nicely with other layers. The low-profile, full-coverage design includes drop-seat adjustability, removable suspenders (they detach in front for quick and easy entry) and two-way side zips for venting and easy relief. Other details include articulated patterning through the hips and knees for full mobility, tough scuff guards for durability and low-bulk gaiters that provide a tight seal on boots. Designed with three pockets to keep you organized (two thigh cargo and one zippered chest pocket), an embedded RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Patagonia Snowdrifter Bibs Features:
- Light and stretchy 3-layer shell fabric and a minimalist design allow for full range of movement, with added protection, breathability and a moisture-managing knit backer
- Weatherproof: 2-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof and breathable. Designed for a wide range of uses, from backpacking to snowboarding, 2-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics utilize a taffeta or mesh lining rather than a bonded scrim to protect the waterproof/breathable barrier. The lining increases the garments wicking ability, durability and next-to-skin comfort. 2-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job. All products bearing the H2No mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our Killer Wash.
- Water Resistant: DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
- Suspenders detach in the front for quick and easy entry
- Full-coverage bibs have a drop-seat configuration with two-way slider side zips for venting and convenient relief
- Boot gaiters seal out snow; tough scuff guards protect inside of leg and bottom hem
- Zippered pockets: two thigh cargo, and one large chest pocket with inside loop to secure valuables
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 516 g (18.2 oz)
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 3-layer, 5-oz 75-denier 100% polyester (70% recycled) solid stretch ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and a polyester knit backer.
- Bib upper: 6.5-oz 63% recycled nylon/26% polyester/11% spandex double weave with four-way stretch and a DWR finish.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
The construction of 2-Layer GORE-TEX Products is unique. A GORE-TEX membrane is bonded to an outer material, then combined with a free-flowing lining. The benefit: a soft, lightweight garment that keeps you dry and lets you move freely.
The GORE-TEX membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body’s perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated, enabling the breathable barrier to do its job. Patagonia has long relied on a DWR with perfluorinated compound (PFC) but we have been searching diligently for an alternative because of its harmful environmental impacts.